Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Democracy at Home and in the Motherland

Do you live in Rhode Island?
Are you a registered voter?
Find your polling place and go vote before 9pm!

Then come to Lupo's and watch results come in.

* * * * * *

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

The media blackout within Armenia has Diasporans nervous and unsettled (to say the least). From my friends who live there, I'm getting mixed messages about what has been going on, and why.

How many dead? 8? 40? 100?

"Yerevan residents have resorted to telephoning one another or coming out onto the streets to swap information. Taxi drivers, in particular, have become a good source of 'alternative news.'"
-iwpr.net

"CNN segments about Armenia were clipped from television programming, and many Web sites were closed. Only journalists from foreign news organizations could attend Mr. Ter-Petrossian’s briefing."
-NYTimes

Why do I have to ask my friends via e-mail what is happening there - where is the coverage?!



I am so much to say about this... But I have to go vote!

xoxo
carla

No comments: