Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Active in Oakland



Tuesday morning I went with my housemate Gabriel, the Campaign Director for Colorofchange.org, to the District Attorney's office in Oakland to hand in about 21,000 signatures demanding an explanation why not all offending officers in the Oscar Grant murder case have been charged (or at least investigated).

There was a great amount of media coverage, and those who participated in the action feel that it was very successful. Scope us these two videos:

ABC 7 KGO-TV

KTVU

I met some great people during this action (CAPE, Ella Baker), and I hope to become more involved with social justice organizations during my time in the Bay Area. I miss being out and about organizing and participating in actions - fighting the good fight. Hopefully some sort of internship could turn into some sort of paid job over time...

xo
Carla

No comments: