Monday, June 16, 2008

Milk and Cheese


Years ago Jesse shared Evan Dorkin comics with me. Milk and Cheese quickly became my favorite.

These "dairy products gone bad" had some of the most thought-provoking and subversive concepts to which I had yet been exposed. I was 14 years old and in 9th grade.

Evan and his wife Sarah Dyer do some other pretty cool stuff, too. Educating kids about pop sub-culture via Nickelodeon? Badass history lessons.

Sarah is also a bomb-diggity artist with the cloth. Through her I found Spoonflower, a DIY craft group that will print your designs on fabric (if you're invited). Check them out, DIYers!

As you might know, I am a nerd. I have a baby comic book collection including some great Archie comics from the 1960's. I recommend going into a comic book store this week and checking it out.

Try new things!

No comments: