Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Drop Science, Not Babies.


"The same Xerox lab that brought us Ethernet, the GUI and the mouse has demonstrated paper that can be reused after printed text automatically deletes itself from its surface in a day. Instead of trashing or recycling after one use, a single piece of paper can be reused up to 100 times."
slashdot.org

"The paper contains specially coded molecules that create a print after being exposed to ultraviolet light emitted from a thin bar in a printer. The molecule readjusts itself within 24 hours to its original form to delete the print, or heat can readjust the molecule instantly. Xerox developed the molecule."
computerworld.com



Oh, word?

I wish my job involved "developing molecules." Tonight we wrangled a group of twelve kids aged 1 to 13. My favorite part was asking the whole group of kids running around outside "Quien tiene moco?, porque tengo papel si lo necesitas." and having them all approach me so I could help them blow their noses. Gross and cute.

Sometimes I feel like a mom with way too many kids. Other times I feel like I wanna live on a polygamist commune and be a baby factory. And wear those great paisley frocks.

I guess being a baby factory is kinda like developing molecules at Xerox... except babies don't disappear after 24 hours.


xoxo
Lady Nerd Face

2 comments:

RedLightHive said...

translation:

"who has boogers? because I have tissues if you need it."

five of the littlest kids had boogers flowing on the upper lip.

Unknown said...

This could have come in handy with all the labs I had this past term where I was printing out 10 to 20 page manuals per 3 hour session. But I can’t imagine this becoming too popular unless they make it last indefinitely and have the copier/printer delete the contents when you feed the sheets back in to copy/print something new.

Why are you blowing their noses? At their age it’s still socially acceptable for them to use their sleeves. They should be milking that for all its worth.